Mar 01 2010

Remarkable Internet Stats

From Mashable.com

- There are 1.73 billion Internet users worldwide as of September 2009.
- There are 1.4 billion e-mail users worldwide, and on average we collectively send 247 billion e-mails per day. Unfortunately 200 billion of those are spam e-mails.
- As of December 2009, there are 234 million websites.
- Facebook (Facebook) gets 260 billion pageviews per month, which equals 6 million page views per minute and 37.4 trillion pageviews in a year.

Learn more by watching this video right here:

JESS3 / The State of The Internet from Jesse Thomas on Vimeo.

7 responses so far

7 Responses to “Remarkable Internet Stats”

1. Kevin B (AEMM)on 26 Mar 2010 at 1:44 pm

While there’s no doubt that the power of the Internet is unfathomable, I don’t really think that Facebook fan pages are the way to go anymore. In my opinion, most social networking websites are becoming more of an annoyance than something enjoyable. MySpace used to be huge for music. I used to go on it all the time but I never do anymore because I don’t want to look at an artist’s page littered with advertisements for other artist’s shows. MySpace music was meant to create a community between artist and fans but it has become one huge advertising free-for-all and has lost all of it’s impact. Facebook is starting to become the same way. Facebook fan pages all look the same to me and it’s annoying when I get a bunch of requests to “become a fan” of something I’m definitely not a fan of. With that said, I think we need to also harness the power of the Internet in other places for music business purposes. While some social network sites may still work (like Twitter and YouTube), others are starting to lose impact. True success will come when you think outside of the box and don’t become a follower. I didn’t mean that to sound harsh at all, but that’s just my opinion.

2. Paul Ruthon 24 Apr 2010 at 11:02 am

Hello,

I think this blog is very cool. I have a blog of my own that features independent bands and artist.

I am wondering if you would like to do some cross promotion. I am willing to do a feature about your site, and put you link on my links page, if you do the same.

Let me know, thanks,
    Paul Ruth
    poplandscape@hotmail.com

3. Willon 01 May 2010 at 10:28 am

I agree with Kevin to some extent, and with sites like Ning becoming paid sites, it’s always best to set up your own website and control it. With WordPress you can even add your own social networking features via Buddypress.

At the end of the day you need to be where people are so if people are currenlty on Facebook you go there, set up a page and direct people back to your main site. Doesn’t matter if it’s myspace, twitter, youtube, etc. As these come and go you get on board and direct them back to your main site that you control.

4. Remarkable Internet Stats : Vyral Musicon 21 Sep 2010 at 1:23 pm

[...] Posted by admin on Tuesday, September 21, 2010 · Leave a Comment   via musicbusinessblog.com [...]

5. Louis Don 16 Oct 2010 at 8:16 am

Would be great to see you continue to blog as there aren’t enough quality music business blogs out there these days.
    There’s a great music business section on AboutHollywood.com which is worth visiting. Definitely see the potential as they really put some great content which artists need to help with their career.

Hope you continue to blog!

-Louis

6. Jason Feinbergon 18 Oct 2010 at 10:45 am

Thanks for the encouragement. I’ve been a bad, bad blogger! My plan is to do more rapid, short, consistent entries… Thanks again.

7. Chris Galison 31 Aug 2011 at 11:38 am

Jason,

I’m interested in getting touch about a potential guest blog post on your blog. I work with Daddy Van Productions, a video production company based out of Austin, TX and we have the privilege of working with several high profile artists, such as Maroon 5, ZZ Top, Disturbed, and more. We’re currently in the process of producing several articles on different music industry related topics. If you’re interested, please get in touch.

Thanks!